Our experience and expertise May 4, 2016
Vandinter Semo has intensive contacts with national and international research institutions such as universities and agricultural institutions. These contacts have led to the creation of programmes that lead to increased knowledge about effective green manure, but also about ‘renewable crops’ such as fibre hemp and elephant grass, and about protein crops
such as grass and lupine. In addition, Vandinter Semo likes to underline in this manner the importance of green manure as a better alternative to the use of chemical agricultural pesticides.
Why green manure?
The combination of soil improvement and control of nematodes, bacteria and fungi helps to ensure that green manure crops are becoming more popular as a substitute for chemical agricultural pesticides. The experience and knowledge of Vandinter Semo has also translated into a breeding programme with proven and leading catch crops.
The main benefits of green manure?
* Green manure increases the proportion of organic matter in the soil
* Green manure increases the nitrogen content in the soil
* Green manure creates nutrient rich humus in the soil
* Green manure improves soil structure
* Green manure can be an ideal catch crop for nematodes
Ideal green manures?
* Not legumes: grasses, fodder radish and yellow mustard
* Legumes: lupine, vetch and clover